1. OWNERSHIP & COPYRIGHT
1. The copyright in all information, material and logos vesting in Century Group shall continue to vest in Century Group and no right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained in this website is granted to you hereunder.
2. Without derogating from the aforegoing, Century Group hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download to a local drive, print and distribute the content of this website, or any part thereof, provided that:
2.1. such content is used for information purposes only;
2.2. Such content is used for non-commercial purposes. Without derogating from the foregoing, you are expressly prohibited from incorporating any material from this website in any other work, publication or website either of your own or belonging to any third party. 3. Any reproduction of this the content of this website, or portion thereof, must include these disclaimers and copyright notices in their entirety. 4. Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of this website. Elements of this website are protected by law and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from this website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Century Group.
3. Adobe and Adobe Acrobat Reader are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. Excite is a registered trademarks of Excite Inc. Other products and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
2. INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY
This website is only intended to provide general information regarding Century Group and its products and services. It is not intended to provide exhaustive treatment of any subject dealt with and Century Group expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to alter or amend any criteria or information set out in this website without notice. Accordingly, the information in this website is not intended to constitute financial, accounting, tax, legal, investment, consulting or other professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action, which might affect your personal finances or business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. This website could include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this website. Century Group may make improvements and/or changes to this website at any time. This website may now, or hereafter from time to time, contain certain statements or information with respect to (i) the projection of revenues, income, earnings per share, capital expenditures, dividends, capital structure, or other financial items; (ii) the plans, objectives and/or projections of Century Group for future operations, including those relating to the services of Century Group; (iii) future economic performance. Century Group wish to caution you that such projections are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially.
3. TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
Your attention is drawn to the fact that information transmitted via the Internet, including without limitation e-mail, is susceptible to monitoring and interception. You are therefore discouraged from transmitting to Century Group any information which may be confidential, proprietary or sensitive. You shall bear all risk of transmitting such information in this manner and under no circumstances will Century Group be liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result thereof. Century Group reserves the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted via e-mail and you consent to such verification should Century Group deem it necessary. Century Group requests that no unsolicited confidential or proprietary information be sent to Century Group. Any information or material sent to Century Group will be deemed not to be confidential, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Century Group.
4. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Like many websites, this site may actively collect information from you, its visitor, both by asking you specific questions and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail or feedback forms. Some of the information that you submit may be personal information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and so on). From time to time, some areas of this site may require you to submit information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (e.g. a newsletter subscription) or participate in a particular activity (such as a questionnaire). You will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional. Please be aware, however, that if you decide not to provide that information, you may not be able to use some of the features of this website. Century Group processes personal data for specific and limited purposes, which we inform you about when we ask you for information. For example, we may collect and use personal data to provide you with products or services, to send you information and services you have requested, to market products and services which we think may be of interest to you, or to communicate with you for other specific purposes.
• where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations as per POPI bill:
The South African ‘Protection of Personal Information’ Bill sets forth several measures to protect personal data, including:
• Establishing an Information Protection Regulator with investigatory and enforcement powers
• Requiring the data subject’s consent to process personal information
• Requiring that notice be provided to the data subject and the Information Protection Regulator in order to process personal information
• Setting limitations on processing of children’s personal information and information regarding data subjects’ religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, health, sexual life or criminal behavior
• Requiring entities who process personal information to implement security measures to maintain the integrity of the personal information
• Requiring notification of data breaches to affected data subjects and the Information Protection Regulator
• Requiring public and private entities to designate information protection officers
• Setting restrictions on processing of personal information for the purpose of direct marketing by “automatic calling machine,” fax, text messaging and email
• Limiting cross-border transfers of personal information unless the recipient is subject to laws, binding corporate rules or contracts that establish the same level of data protection as the Protection of Personal Information Bill.
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Linked sites are not subject to the control of Century Group and Century Group is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Century Group provides links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Century Group of such site.
This website and the information contained therein are provided “as is” and Century Group makes no express or implied representations or warranties with regard thereto. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing:-
1. Century Group does not warrant that the website or information will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Century Group expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, year 2000-compliance, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy; and
2. whilst Century Group has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this website and its contents, no warranty, whether express or implied is given that any files, downloads or applications available via this website are free of viruses, Trojans, bombs, time-locks or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt or affect the operation of your system.
7. RISK & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Your use of this website and the information contained therein is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use thereof. Neither Century Group, its affiliates, or their shareholders, agents, consultants or employees will be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether in an action arising out of contract, statute, delict or otherwise, relating to the use of this website or the information contained therein.
8. If any of the foregoing is not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder shall nonetheless continue to apply.
8. Any dispute or purported dispute arising out of this web site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of South Africa and all disputes, actions and other matters relating thereto will be determined in accordance with such law. The parties to any dispute arising out of this web site hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa sitting at Johannesburg.
Any e-mail message from a Century Group employee, and all attachments thereto (“the message”) may contain confidential information and is intended for a specific addressee and purpose. If you are not the addressee
(a) you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action based on the contents thereof;
(b) Kindly inform the sender immediately and destroy all copies thereof.
Any copying, publication or disclosure of this message, or part thereof, in any form whatsoever, without the sender’s express written consent, is prohibited. No opinion expressed or implied by the sender necessarily constitutes the opinion of Century Group. This message does not constitute a guarantee or proof of the facts mentioned therein. Century Group accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of
(a) any opinion or guarantee of fact, whether express or implied;
(b) Any action or failure to act as a result of any information contained in this message, unless such information or opinion has been confirmed in writing by an authorized Century Group director or employee.